6 Intentional Action Steps To Getting What You Want Most
What is your greatest challenge when it comes to meeting your goals? Is it time, lack of focus, or simply not knowing the specific action steps to take to get where you want to be?
Here are 6 Intentional Action Steps To Getting What You Want Most:
Each day is a new chance – a new opportunity – to take focused and intentional steps toward what you desire and value the most.
It is also a chance for you to waste a precious opportunity by letting it slip by without defining what you really want for yourself and then going after it with a logical, but strong, plan and with deep enthusiasm.
I am often asked what I feel are the most important things to focus on to achieve success. While there are several, here are the Top 6 areas I’ve experienced that should not be neglected when striving toward success:
- CONSISTENCY:Most things do not happen overnight and require effort. It is the principle of stringing multiple days together and being consistent with one particular thing that eventually leads to progress. If you’re working toward a specific goal, you have to start by being consistent.
- KNOW YOUR REASON, & LET IT BE POWERFUL:What is your reason for wanting to achieve the goal? If it’s powerful enough it will help drive you toward success and help keep you focused when the path doesn’t seem too exciting anymore. Make sure your goal excites YOU and then ACT enthusiastic about it!
- AFFIRM YOUR SUCCESS:Remain positive about your goal and believe in yourself. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals that will encourage and support you. Stay within a positive network of people, and remember that maintaining a mindset that is geared toward succeeding plays a huge role on our outcomes and what we attract to ourselves.
- ORGANIZE A PLAN OF ACTION:What are the steps you need to take to achieve your goals and get you where you want to be? It is easy to get overwhelmed with information overload that seems to haunt us everywhere we turn these days, but you have to start somewhere! Create a workable plan for YOU (if it’s not feasible to you, you won’t do it, and that won’t get you anywhere); so just get started! Remember you can always change your strategies over time.
- STAY FOCUSED ON A FEW GOALS AT A TIME:Things take time and although your list may be long on what you want to accomplish toward your success, sometimes doing too much can be devastating on the final outcome. Step back, decide what is the most important to get you where you want to be, pick those few things that are the most crucial, and go with it! Every goal can be broken down into doable tasks done consistently.
- CELEBRATE:Make note of your successes along the way, even the small ones, and acknowledge your progress. Every step forward is taking you closer to your goal. You deserve to succeed and you deserve to celebrate your successes!
Be happy and excited about your progress as you are making it – and this will provide stronger fuel for motivation to keep you cruising toward your goals. Even on those days or those short time periods where you feel there hasn’t been much visible progress – you want to remember; your efforts themselves are the progress.
The payoff will come – but you have to keep in mind there are internal and invisible benefits you are gaining by putting in the day-to-day effort as you journey toward your goals.
See how others are reaching their goals and making it to the top. It doesn’t take a guru, just a normal person willing to take action!
How have YOU experienced success by implementing the above simple steps?
Leave me a comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts!