How To Finally Stop Struggling With Instagram and Double Your Following
Are you using Instagram to promote your business?
Are you struggling looking for ways to engage your customers and attract new ones?
I’m going to show you how you can quickly stop struggling with Instagram and double your following for Insta-Success!
These easy actionable steps will help put you ahead of the competition and easily build your engagement and following.
Instagram has a strong visual appeal that offers a wide variety of marketing opportunities. It is currently the fastest growing social media platform and can be a powerful tool to help you grow new followers and attract new business.
Take careful note and put following into practice. It will put you ahead of the competition and make your Instagram experience so much better!
Getting Started – Creating Your Instagram Page:
There are a few key ways to establish your brand and create a profile that is consistent with your blog or website:
- Add a profile image – use a profile image consistent with your other social media platforms. Stay away from logos, as people want to connect with YOU, logos are more impersonal. Think headshot so people can easily see you’re a real person with a real cause.
- Optimize your Bio: It’s your business card! – You have 150 characters to capture what you are about and tell the world why you’re worth following. It’s also a good idea to keep your bio consistent with your other social media bios.
- Add in your website / blog URL – This will be your main traffic driver, as you can’t add links to your posts, so absolutely add your blog or website link here. Very important!!
Now you need to define what kind of marketing strategy you want to have. This will be your visual brand story that’s an extension of your content from your blog or website, as well as your brand vision.
- Showcase Your Photos (But not all about business) - In order to build a responsive and engaged community of followers, you need to post more than just business or product photos. A mixture of both personal or other photos, in with your promotional-intended photos, is the way to go. This helps to connect your audience to you on a more personal level and keeps things ‘real’. People will be more apt to come back to see more if you’re posting more than just promotional photos.
- Most Definitely Use Hashtags - I know, I know, hashtags again! Using hashtags is essential if you want to broaden the reach of your images. Create a list of popular hashtags in your niche and each time you post an image use those hashtags, as well as some additional image specific ones. You can put a few in your key photo caption and then add in an additional comment with more related hashtags. It has been researched and found that the more hashtags an Instagram photo has, the more likes it gets. Why? Because hashtags give photos a larger reach.
- Iconosquare, is a great tool you can use to see hashtags used that have thousands of images associated with it. You want to see this indicator that many people are searching for these hashtags—which means people are more likely to find the images associated with it.This tool will help you dig a little deeper and find what’s working for you on Instagram. Use it to help take the guesswork out so you can focus your efforts on consistency in building your brand:
- The optimal days and times you should be posting, based on your unique audience.
- Which photos and filters are performing the best.
- The photos most commented on and liked.
- Followers who you are following and who is not following you back.
- And more!
- Find Out When Your Audience is Online – Don’t miss out on huge amounts of engagement by snapping the perfect pic and posting it at the wrong time. Photos can easily get lost in a feed within 3-4 hours, so try to post at your ideal audience time as much as possible. I’ve seen a pattern of higher engagement of images in the morning and in the evenings. Play around and see what works for you and your audience and try to stick with this schedule.
How To Build Your Following
So, the big question every blogger or business owner wants to know. Now, that you’re all set up and have a strategy, how do you build engagement and a larger audience?
Focus on building your network and attracting a large following by doing these simple things consistently:
Contribute to someone else’s hashtag – This a a great way to connect with others on Instagram and to get your images seen by others who may love your style and start to follow you.
Interact – Don’t just have a one-way mentality when it comes to Instagram, get out there among the feed and comment, and like other people’s images. Truly connecting with others will make them interested in what you are sharing too.
RSVP – translation: “Respond Please”. Has someone left a comment for you? Don’t leave it unanswered. Take a moment to let that person know you appreciate the time they took to comment. This will help keep your followers loyal.
Be Consistent – Post images regularly, at least 1-2 times a day, and keep to your brand’s visual story and your strategy and people will start to take notice. The more you post (within reason), the faster you’ll build your community!
Be Patient – It takes time for people to find you, follow you, tell others about you and for your following to increase. Be patient, and be consistent with your strategy, and it will happen!
Tools For Instagram Statistics and Scheduling
Iconsquare – this great tool works with your Instagram account to help you grow a social-rich media strategy, effectively interact with your community and measure your efforts through a great range of user statistics.
Schedu.gram - a tool to manage Instagram that includes web uploading, scheduling, and is supportive of multiple accounts.
Latergram – this tools helps you to easily plan and schedule your Instagram posts, upload images from the web or phone, manage your account from the web app or mobile app, and more!
Did you find this post helpful? Please leave me a comment and share it :)
To your success,
Want more information on the best ways to increase your audience and engagement for your blog or website, click here.
Mom of 4, Super Affiliate, and Online Marketing Coach to entrepreneurs, business owners, and those still stuck wondering what it takes to be one! See why your business isn't 'working for you' and check out the key ingredients to a strategy that actually works. (Hint: Traffic ISN'T your problem..)
Tagged: build a following, hashtags, how to, how to be successful on Instagram, Iconosquare, Instagram, Latergram, optimize your blog, Schedu.gram, social media, stop struggling with Instagram, using Instagram for business